Premier League Playoff Schedule Announced
After 8 weeks and over 400 games, we are pleased to announce the start of the IvyLoL Season 3 Premier League Playoffs. We have met with all the teams to try and work out the best schedule we could so that they could play at their best. Matches will be starting quick, with the first match on this Sunday. These matches will cover the Division Semi Finals and then we will post a Division Finals schedule as soon as it is available.
Saturday November 16
- University of British Columbia vs Northern Virginia Community College - 12:00 PM PST
Sunday November 17
- University of California Irvine vs University of Victoria - 12:00 PM PST
- Carnegie Mellon University vs Wentworth Institute of Technology - 4:00 PM PST
Friday November 22
- University of Arizona vs Georgia Institute of Technology - 8:00 PM PST
Saturday November 23
- Texas A&M University vs Arizona State University - 4:00 PM PST
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign vs University of Notre Dame - 4:00 PM PST
Sunday November 24
- San Jose State University vs University of California Los Angeles - 4:00 PM PST
- University of Connecticut vs New York University - 4:00 PM PST
- Round 1: September 20, 2013 10:00 PM EDT
- Round 2: September 21, 2013 5:00 PM EDT
- Round 3: September 21, 2013 7:00 PM EDT
- Round 4: September 21, 2013 9:00 PM EDT
- Round 5: September 22, 2013 5:00 PM EDT
- Round 6: September 22, 2013 7:00 PM EDT
- Round 7: September 22, 2013 9:00 PM EDT
Premier League Qualifiers
Welcome to the League of Legends Season 3 Premier League Qualifiers. Over the next three days we will determine the top 23 (Top 8 from Premier League S2 and 1st place from S2 Open League) collegiate teams that will go on to compete in the prestigious Premier League over the course of the semester. All competing teams coordinators should have received an email from challonge.com asking them to sign up. Here are some quick reminders concerning the format of the event.
1. Matches must be played at their scheduled time, teams are not allowed to move their matches for any reason as this halts the tournament from advancing.
2. All matches are Best of 1 played on Summoners Rift in Tournament Draft. The higher seed (lower number) has choice of side.
3. To find your opponents team page go to www.ivylol.com/qualifiers and search for your opponent listed on the brackets.
4. If you can't get ahold of your opponent after 15 minutes, take a screenshot of you and your team all in lobby and your opponents coordinator on the invite list. Make sure the time is visible to indicate that it is 15 minutes past the round start.
5. If you have any questions, the best way to get a hold of IvyLoL admins is by using the in-game chat channel "IvyLoL". If you are having trouble reaching us, you can email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
6. ROUND 8 WILL NOT BE PLAYED
IvyLoL Season 3: The Chaos Returns September 20th!
Season 3 of IvyLoL is finally upon us! We return with our Premier and Open League format for competitive and more casual gamers alike. Our Premier League will be comprised of 32 teams this season; the top eight teams that qualified from Season 2, and 24 new teams that will qualify via our Premier League Qualifiers. Registration for the Qualifiers ends September 19th, 2013 at 11:59 EDT, so be sure to get your team signed-up! Teams that do not qualify for Premier will automatically be moved into the Open League, and teams interested in the Open League who DO NOT register for the Qualifiers must sign up by the end of September 27th.
Both Leagues will enjoy seven weeks of fun, competitive games against their fellow students across North America starting September 29th. Each League will also end the season with single elimination playoffs, and the top Premier League teams will battle it out at our LIVE finals for $5,000 in cash and the chance to be crowned IvyLoL Season 3 champions.
If you have any questions, IvyLoL President, Trey Sweeney and Vice President, Michael Sherman will be hosting an Ask Me Anything on the new collegiate program subreddit, /r/lolcollegiateprogram, on August 28, 2013 starting at 8:30 EST (LINK TO AMA). If you have any further questions, please feel free to direct them to submit them on our support page.
For more information and to register for IvyLoL Season 3 check out www.ivylol.com/season3
IvyLoL Partners with Twitch
We at IvyLoL are proud to announce we are now partnering with Twitch! We're committed to bringing you the best quality streaming experience out there and our Twitch partnership will help us to do that.
As part of the partnership, we will be running a weekly segment on our premier league broadcasts known as the Twitch Pre-Game Show. On the show, we will have awesome pre-game coverage of the upcoming matches including interviews with players and round table discussions with collegiate community members all from our brand new studio desk that you won't want to miss.
Written by Mike "Jenna Fischer" Plant
IvyLoL partners with College of Casting
IvyLoL is pleased to announce we are teaming up with the newly formed College of Casting to help bring more collegiate content to you! Starting in Season 3, College of Casting will have the opportunity to work with Open League teams to cast as many matches as possible, allowing for teams to not only gain exposure but to help build the audience at competing schools. College of Casting will also have the opportunity to bring out its strongest talent in our weekly premier league broadcasts.
What is College of Casting?
College of Casting is a new casting organization, founded by Dylan Hornibrook from Georgia Tech University. They aim to help develop up and coming casters by arranging giving them opportunities to cast in tournaments, particularly in the collegiate scene. Currently, the organization has gained over 270 members since its inception only four months ago. Be sure to follow their Twitch Channel for more updates.
Together, IvyLoL and College of Casting hope to bring you a brand new level of production quality and create more accessible content by being able to cast a larger percentage of the Open and Premier League games.